Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekly Updates On Dancing Books, Etc.

Greetings visitors!  It's the start of a new week and I'm behind schedule!  This was supposed to be posted on Sunday, but I had a lot of catching up to do on other fronts.

First, the books!
I just wrapped up the 12th installment in the Amelia Peabody series.  As always, this book was fun, but I just noticed this time around how mushy and melodramatic this book gets in the end.  It never bothered me before, but this time I rolled my eyes a bit.  Still love the book as a whole though.

As for the hardcover, I'm reading, well, let's just say the book Vicious just isn't vicious enough to keep me interested.  So far it's "meh".  But I'll keep plugging away at it and see how it goes.

Since it's the end of the month and I'm way behind on my goals, I hope to finish 3 books by the 31st.  Yeah, that's right, 3 books in 3 days.  I've done crazy goals like this before, so fingers crossed!

So here's the list for the week:

Books I've Finished:


For my review, click here: Lisa's Review










Books I'm Reading: For links to these books, click on the Goodreads shelf on the right-hand side labeled "Currently Reading"

















Now for the dance stuff.  So far, the only thing I know of for now is the First Friday Swing Dance happening this Friday at the West Hartford Town Hall! If you live in Connecticut or Massachusetts this is a great place to do some swing to live music!  For details click here.

Well, that's it for now.  Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment