Sunday, November 9, 2014

Book Review: The Giver, by Lois Lowry

The Giver (The Giver, #1)The Giver by Lois Lowry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Giver, by Lois Lowry
★★★★

Synopsis: In the story of a seemingly utopian city in a futuristic world, Jonas is singled out to receive special training from The Giver--who alone holds memories of pain and pleasure in life.
In A Sentence: A very good story, I'm glad I finally read this
This Has Been On My TBR Forever! I've been meaning to read this since I was ten, so I think it's about darn time! This was a great story. I can see why it got the Newbery Medal. I thought it was fascinating how this distopian society found the definition and use of words very important, and Lois Lowry was brilliant in his use of words. I didn't even mind the ending (if you've read this you'll know what I mean). This was very good, and worth a look if you haven't read it yet.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment