Sunday, November 9, 2014

Book Review: James And The Giant Peach, by Roald Dahl

James and the Giant PeachJames and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

James And The Giant Peach, by Roald Dahl
★★★ and a ½ (round up to 4)

Synopsis: When James accidentally drops some magic crystals by the old peach tree, strange things start to happen. The peach at the top of the tree begins to grow, and before long it's as big as a house. When James discovers a secret entranceway into the fruit and crawls inside, he meets wonderful new friends--the Old-Green-Grasshopper, the dainty Ladybug, and the Centipede of the multiple boots. After years of feeling like an outsider in his aunts' house, James finally found a place where he belongs. With a snip of the stem, the peach household starts rolling away--and the adventure begins! Roald Dahl's first and most widely celebrated book for young people continues to thrill readers around the world.
In A Sentence: A very sweet read (“sweet”, get it? Haha.)

My Thoughts: I started this book when I was 9 and never finished it, and I’ve regretted this ever since. Now at 26, I’ve finally gotten around to it.
…And I enjoyed it! It was a very cute read, and, for an adult, very quick. I literally read this in less than 2 hours. And I liked every second of it. The characters were fun, there were some funny moments, and the story was so out there that you just had to like it.
It still a children’s book, however. I think children would enjoy this more than adults would. But adults can still have nostalgic fun with this read. Strongly recommended (c’mon, it’s Roald Dahl! ‘Nuff said.)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment