Sunday, November 9, 2014

Book Review: The Mummy Case (Amelia Peabody #3), by Elizabeth Peters

The Mummy Case (Amelia Peabody, #3)The Mummy Case by Elizabeth Peters
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

★★★ and 1/2, rounding up to 4

In A Sentence: The most confusing book of the entire series, but still a fun read

My Thoughts: I have to say, first off, that the dialogue in this book is hilarious. 6-year-old Ramses is a little genius and so much fun to read about. Emerson and Amelia have the craziest marital relationship ever and their conversations make me chuckle. This family makes for an interesting trio, plus cat. The whole story is a bunch of fun, full of humor and adventure, with master criminals and crazy zealots. I'd say crazy, random fun sums up this story nicely.
I need to add one more adjective, however. Confusing! The mystery goes in a bunch of different directions, with too many suspects to keep track of, and with Amelia flipping back and forth between one theory and the next. I guess the ending straightens everything out all right, but until then, you are left in a rather bemused state of mind.
Don't get me wrong, however. This is a fun read, just not the best in the series. It does set the stage for the next book in the series, so I wouldn't recommend skipping it, although it's not the end of the world if you choose to!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment