Sunday, November 9, 2014

Book Review: Red Hood's Revenge, by Jim C. Hines

Red Hood's Revenge (Princess, #3)Red Hood's Revenge by Jim C. Hines
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Red Hood's Revenge, by Jim C. Hines
★★★

Synopsis: Wars may end. But vengeance is forever. Roudette's story was a simple one. A red cape. A wolf. A hunter. Her mother told her she would be safe, so long as she kept to the path. But sometimes the path leads to dark places. Roudette is the hunter now, an assassin known throughout the world as the Lady of the Red Hood. Her mission will take her to the country of Arathea and an ancient fairy threat. At the heart of the conflict between humans and fairies stands the woman Roudette has been hired to kill, the only human ever to have fought the Lady of the Red Hood and survived-the princess known as Sleeping Beauty.
In A Sentence: Decent read, but not one to love

What's Good: I really like fairy tale re-tellings and this was a fun one. I don't have much to say about this one that I haven't said in the previous books of this series, except now we go more into Princess Talia's love life. I thought it was interesting since Talia is a lesian, something you don't often see connected to Sleeping Beauty. I appreciated that though. It's something different.
Still Not Awesome: At this point though, I'm finishing the series because I feel I need to. The series isn't wowing me, and I keep thinking, "this would make a better movie series"
Overall: I'm going to finish the series because there's only one book left and I feel the urge to finish. However, I don't feel that this is an amazing series. It's good, but not awesome.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment