Sunday, November 9, 2014

Book Review: The Snake, The Crocodile, And The Dog (Amelia Peabody #7), by Elizabeth Peters

The Snake, the Crocodile and the Dog (Amelia Peabody, #7)The Snake, the Crocodile and the Dog by Elizabeth Peters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ and a ♥

In A Sentence: Once again, another fun read by Elizabeth Peters (I’m starting to sound redundant)

My Thoughts: Honestly, what can I say that I haven’t already? I’ve been listening to all of them on audio, and they make for a really entertaining listen while I do my chores and commute to work. The fact that I’m re-reading this series should say it all.
If you haven’t read my previous reviews, I’ll say it again. These books have it all: mystery, adventure, humor, feminism, and history. They make excellent vacation reads, whether you read them or listen to them on audiobook. I recommend starting at the beginning (I always do with series), but if you prefer to jump around, read book #6 (and maybe book #4) before you read this one. Amelia Peabody provides a decent introduction in the beginning to get you up to speed, but I find the book made more sense since I’ve been reading the series in chronological order.
I strongly recommend this series, and if you find the first few books tiresome, don’t worry! I think the best in the series are books 5-12. But that’s just me; find out for yourself which ones are the best!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment