Monday, December 8, 2014

Book Review: Calling On Dragons (The Enchanted Forest Chronicles #3), by Patricia C. Wrede

Calling on Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #3)Calling on Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Calling On Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles #3), by Patricia C. Wrede
★★★★

Synopsis: Those wicked wizards are back--and they've become very smart. (Sort of.) They intend to take over the Enchanted Forest once and for all . . . unless Cimorene finds a way to stop them. And some people think being queen is easy.
In A Sentence: A pleasant, humorous third installment in a fun children’s series.

My Thoughts: I loved this series when I was a kid, and I love it just as much now. It’s cute, it’s funny, it has strong female characters…there’s just so much going for it. I love how popular fairy tales are woven into the story, along with creative and new ways to look at magical worlds (my personal favorite is that “King Of The Dragons” is the name of the job, and is not gender-based).
I would definitely recommend this read for both children and adults. It’s fun and it’s quick, so go ahead and pick it up!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment