Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy Monday! A Weekly Recap

Happy Monday folks!  Time to go over last week's reading, and this week's plans!


Well, I guess I'm still technically in a reading slump, although this week has been really stressful for me.  The past seven days has been incredibly busy!  Work has been crazy busy lately.  More and more people want private dance lessons, especially wedding couples, and our groups classes have peaked at 40-50 people per class!  To top it off, our Friday Salsa Night dance social saw 80 people!  Ack!

Work wasn't the only busy thing going on.  Life has been pretty busy as well.  My weekend was packed! I had to clean my apartment pretty thoroughly because my uncle is in town and I had him, my mother, and my grandmother over for dinner Saturday evening.  I made them pan-seared Atlantic salmon topped with a mango-avocado salsa.  Yum! (The recipe is from Nom Nom Paleo, btw.  I'm falling in love with this food blog because everything is so tasty and easy to make!)

Hosting a dinner wasn't the only thing either this weekend.  I also got my hair colored for the first time, and I had to bake and decorate a cake for my nephew's christening on Sunday (oh goodness he was soo adorable in his little baptism gown!).  In addition, I had to send my computer in to the Geek Squad because it keeps disconnecting from the internet.  Of course, after having my laptop for a few days, they have decided that I most likely need a new Wi-fi card, but they can't do that because apparently they actually don't know anything about how to open up a computer and just take a look, and they recommend that I send my computer to the manufacturer and get the wi-fi card replaced, which could take up to 2-4 weeks.  So my computer is currently connected to the Internet via a cord, and I'm just going to have my brother open up my laptop and see if the Wi-fi card is easy to remove or not.  If it needs a pro to replace it, my brother knows a guy, so thanks for nothing Geek Squad!

So now, it's Monday, Connecticut has a nice gigantic blizzard coming it's way (snow day!), and I've caught a mild cold, so I feel a little out of it.  I guess the weekend stressed me out more than I thought, but at least it seems like I'm stuck at home tomorrow so it should be an easy recovery!

You know what's great about snow days!  Reading time!  My reading last week was abysmal because I was so busy.  I barely had time to sit down and read earlier this week, and every time I finally got to sit down and read, I kept zonking out.

So, no books finished this week (*sob*), but I am working on it, and tomorrow I plan on finishing a book or two, so stay tuned!

My Reading Plans:




Happy reading everyone!
-Lisa The Dancing Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment