Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year! A Recap Of 2014 and My Goals For 2015

Happy New Year fellow readers!  I might be a few days late in writing this post, but better late than never, right?

This year was a huge accomplishment for me!  For the first time ever, I manged to read over 100 books in one year.  I know that for many other bloggers out there, this is only a trifle, but I could never do it before, and this year I finally managed it!  Yay!

A lot of my reads were really good ones too.  Here's a list of my favorites, and of the books that flunked (in no particular order):



My Top 20 New Reads:
River Secrets, by Shannon Hale
Enna Burning, by Shannon Hale
The Goose Girl, by Shannon Hale
Ready Player One, by Ernest Cline
The Magician King, by Lev Grossman
Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn
The Fault In Our Stars, by John Green
Oliver Twist, by Charles Dickens
Moloka'i, by Alan Brennert
The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini
Wonder, by R.J. Palacio
Guns, Germs, And Steel, by Jared Diamond
The Giver, by Lois Lowry
Mudbound, by Hilary Jordan
The Invention Of Hugo Cabret, by Brian Selznick
Those Who Save Us, by Jenna Blum
A Redbird Christmas, by Fannie Flagg


My Top 20 Re-Reads:
The Fellowship Of The Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien
White Fang, by Jack London
Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone, by J.K. Rowling
The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Magicians, by Lev Grossman
Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore, by Robin Sloan
Watchmen, by Alan Moore
Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card
The Thirteenth Tale, by Diane Setterfield
The Bean Trees, by Barbara Kingsolver
Siddhartha, by Hermann Hesse
The Falcon At The Portal, by Elizabeth Peters
The Ape Who Guards The Balance, by Elizabeth Peters
Seeing A Large Cat, by Elizabeth Peters
The Hippopotamus Pool, by Elizabeth Peters
The Snake, The Crocodile And The Dog, by Elizabeth Peters
The Last Camel Died At Noon, by Elizabeth Peters
The Deeds Of The Disturber, by Elizabeth Peters
The Curse Of The Pharaohs, by Elizabeth Peters
Crocodile On The Sandbank, by Elizabeth Peters

The Top 5 Worst Books Of The Year:
My Name Is Rapunzel, by K.C. Hilton
The Maze Runner, by James Dashner
Divergent, by Veronica Roth
I Capture The Castle, by Dodie Smith
Fifty Shades Of Grey, by E.L. James


My Goals For Reading
So, I have a bunch of goals for reading this year, the big one being reading another 100 books.  I also want to read 75 new books, since I tend to do a lot of re-reads.
My other goals involve completing some reading challenges (posted in my "Bookish Stuff" page) and just making sure I take the time to read everyday, even if it's only 15 pages daily.
I thought about posting a TBR list for the year, but since I never really follow that list, I think I'll just go with the flow this year.

My Goals For Blogging
So I now have two blogs and a website to maintain, which I've been having difficulty doing on a daily basis.  I mean, when it comes to posting book reviews, I do okay, but it's the weekly memes that I'm having trouble doing regularly.  So, this year, I plan on being much better about posting my regular memes.  This is the general plan I hope to follow:
Mondays- Weekly recaps and goals
Tuesdays- Tuesday's opinions (either every week, or every other week)
Every 4th Thursday- Favorites Spotlight
Fridays- Parajunkee's Feature and Follow Friday

So, there you go!  My goals have started out small and simple.  They are most likely going to change as the year progresses, but, based on my current schedule, this is what I feel I can do comfortably.

Happy reading everyone!
-Lisa The Dancing Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment