Friday, January 9, 2015

It's Friday! Time For Feature And Follow!

Happy Friday!  It's freezing out and it's snowing, but it's still Friiiddaaaayy!  Time for the Feature And Follow Blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.


This blog hop is awesome!  Every week there's a featured blogger, and there's a weekly question.  You create a post answering the question of the week, publish it on your blog, and then follow, follow, follow!  The rule is you must follow the featured blogs and the host blogs, and the rest of the participating blogs are optional.  And if someone follows you, follow back!

This week's question:
Do you have any fun collections (other than books)? Suggested by Peace Love Books.



Well, I don't really focus on this collection anymore, but I do have a cute assortment of unicorn figurines.  When I was a little kid, my favorite fantasy animal was the unicorn, so my parents gave me a stuffed unicorn for Christmas.  After that, the collection started and just didn't stop.  From plastic toys to delicate glass, I always wanted to get some type of unicorn.  I've long since grown out of this obsession, but, to this day, my extended family will still occasionally get me a unicorn figurine.  When Dave and I moved in together, I packed away the toys but kept the figurines.  Here they are!


The stuffed animal that started it all and my other favorites.  The white porcelain was another early one, given to me by my French Canadian grandmother in Quebec Canada.  The small pewter ones came from gift shops in Montreal from two separate visits, and the grey marble one is a souvenir from a trip to Cancun.  The final three were gifts.


How about you?  What collections do you have?








10 comments:

  1. Unicorns rule! They're even in Supernatural. ;)
    Thanks for stopping by mine x
    Regular g+ follower xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! My mom used to love unicorns too - she even has a tattoo! Thanks for sharing :) Old follower!

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love unicorns! I'm probably going to write them into my latest fantasy story. Love the collection! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh very nice! I liked unicorns, but never had any kind of collection. Other than the two unicorn Beanie Babies! LOL!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unicorns are cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I am a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, your unicorns are gorgeous. I think it's kind of cute, because I have a horde of MLP's (classic older one's) from my childhood that I'm holding onto and not letting go of, so I guess you could say I have a collection of them too. I have them all put up and stuff, so that they won't get messed up along with my Rainbow Brite, Care Bears, and Jem collections. how crazy is that. :)

    Definitely a new follower enjoying your awesome blog.

    Happy Reading and Hopping Through! :)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unicorns are so enchanting! I like your collection :) Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all beautiful pieces! My mom bought a couple unicorn figurines for me when I was little...but now refuses to give them to me! I don't think they were for me at all. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love unicorns, they pieces you have are completely stunning! I wanna collect unicorns too now!

    Sorry I have taken so long to follow back, but new follower via Bloglovin'!
    Rachel (Featured Blogger) @ Creativity and Crazy blog!

    ReplyDelete