Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Happy Hump Day! A Quick Peek At How I'm Reading So Far

Hey it's Wednesday already!  Yippee!


Well, at least Wednesday is starting off okay.  It's not snowing....yet.  They keep giving the Winter-Storm-Alert-Of-Doom and saying that we'll be seeing snow coming down starting at 9 am.  Oh come on people!  It's just going to be a few inches!



I admit I haven't been reading quite so much....I've been a little distracted by the DIY Network.  In my defense, contractors are going to start working on our kitchen, any day now (stupid delays), and I like looking at the shows to get some new ideas, and just reassure myself that the time is coming and I won't have to walk in to the dining room to get to my fridge anymore.  But I will be listening to my audiobook quite a bit while I go downstairs in to the basement and try to organize the mess down there.  The plan is that I'm going to recycle our old cabinets and use them for storage downstairs (no point in tossing them into the dumpster if they're still in really good shape, right?), but I need to make room for them first!

Anyway, here's all the reading I've done so far this month.   It's really not much.  I've only finished one book.







Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn #1), by Brandon Sanderson
★★★★★
This was a fun read. I mean of course it was a fun read; it's Brandon Sanderson! I'm currently reading the next installment in this trilogy, and enjoying that too.
Read The Full Review






Aaaaaannnd, here's what I reading right now:




The Well Of Ascension (Mistborn #2), by Brandon Sanderson
Book 2 in what's turning into a fun series. Currently I can only listen to this on audiobook, as there are very few copies available in libraries (weird). But that's okay, as it gives me something interesting to listen to while I'm doing boring work.






How To Read Literature Like A Professor, by Thomas C. Foster
I admit, I'm having trouble reading this consistently. I'm never able to finish non-fiction quickly. I'm just not much of a non-fiction reader, I guess. Needless to say, though, this is a good read.





I'm hoping to finish at least one of the above reads by next week (wishful thinking), but here's what I hoping to pick up next:




Clearly, I'm not going to read all five of these at once. That's insane! But I plan on picking at least two of these reads once I finish the books I'm currently reading. Most of these upcoming reads are BOTMs, but The Hero Of Ages and Pride And Prejudice are reads just for fun. Chances are, these last two will be the ones I end up picking. They are the ones I'm feeling a craving for.

Well, time to get to work!  No more DIY Network, no more distractions.  I'm going to get to reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment