Thursday, February 1, 2018

It's February Already! My Ambitious Reading Plans This Month

Happy February everyone!

Things are looking up this month!  Our contractor is ready to start our kitchen remodel on Monday (Thank GOD!), I was able to pay off my holiday credit card debt, and I've been exercising every day for two straight weeks!


I'm also planning, and writing, my "novel"!
Last month, I announced I was going to try the NaNoWriMo challenge in November.  Well, November is pretty far away, but in my off time, I've been building and planning my story.  I keep writing new ideas in my journal, along with refining old ideas.  I've even written a couple of chapters!

To be perfectly honest, I know I'm a pretty bad writer; when the challenge is done, I can guarantee that I'm going to read through what I wrote and say, "wow!  This book is pretty awful!"  But I'm having fun pretending to be a writer with a potential bestseller, and I'm glad that I'm finally writing down story ideas that have been playing in my head for years.  Writing a book of my own has been on my bucket list ever since I was a teenager, and now I'll be able to cross it off my list!

In the meantime, I've been doing a decent amount of reading; 5 novels (one of which was over 1200 pages long), and 3 short stories/novellas.  Here's a list of the books I've read this past month, along with a link to my Goodreads review, or at least the Goodreads book info.

Books I Read Last Month:
Jan. 13- Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive #3), by Brandon Sanderson ★★★★★ and a possible ♥
Jan. 15- Our Souls At Night, Kent Haruf ★★★★
Jan. 19- Elantris (Elantris #1), by Brandon Sanderson ★★★★
Jan. 20- Rebecca, by Daphne Du Maurier ★★★ 1/2
Jan. 24- The Emperor's Soul (Elantris Universe), by Brandon Sanderson ★★★★★
Jan. 29- The Hope Of Elantris (Elantris #1.5), by Brandon Sanderson ★★★★
Jan. 30- A Murder In Time (Kendra Donovan #1), by Julie McElwain ★★★★
Jan. 31- The Eleventh Metal (Mistborn #0.5), by Brandon Sanderson ★★★

I've got some reading to do!  First on the docket is the Mistborn Series, by Brandon Sanderson.  I've been steadily working through the Cosmere novels, and the Scadrial planet is next!  My brother has been trying to get me to read this series for at least a year.  Well, Nate I'm finally doing it!

I've also got seven (count them, seven) BOTMs to read this month.  I'm 95% positive that I won't be able to read all of them this month, but I going to try and knock out a few before February's out.

Finally, I have a severe Pride And Prejudice craving!  It's time to re-read one of my favorite classics of all time, so I plan on picking up my book after I'm done reading How To Read Literature Like A Professor.

Below, I've listed my reading plans for this month.  Click on the cover to see the book's details on Goodreads!


Reading Now:


This Month's BOTMs:



Want To Read:


Man, this list is long!  I'm an avid reader but I don't think I've ever read 13 full-sized books in one month!  If I want to get all this done, I'll have to read about 5,393 pages in 28 days.  That's about 193 pages a day, or approximately 6.5 hours of listening time daily.

.....Guess I better get started.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your book and your reading goals. Have a great February!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to February! I am also working on paying off credit card debt. I also have to buy new tires this month. I am hoping things straighten out soon. Having a remodel done is so exciting!! I want to remodel The Man's house when we sell it to give it a little upgrade and get some more out of it. We are outgrowing this little house! Good luck with your writing!!

    ReplyDelete