Monday, June 25, 2018

It's Monday! Time For A Recap

Happy Monday folks!

Well, it's definitely a happy day for me.  The sun is shining, my husband's reading, and I'm now in my 20th week of pregnancy.



Yep, 20 weeks now!  The baby is moving around all the time now.  Last week we got to see it at the ultrasound.  That was such an amazing experience, watching it roll around and rub its face with it's tiny fists.  At one point, I got to see it open it's little mouth in a wide yawn!

The technician said everything is fine; the baby is perfectly healthy and normal (such a relief!).  And my mom and mother-in-law (who were both present at the ultrasound) got to see what the gender was for the gender reveal party.

Yeah, we're doing a gender reveal party.  I know, I know, it's a huge fad right now, but I've wanted to do this since before it became popular.  Besides, I'm turning 30 this weekend; I'm going to have a big party anyway, so we're going to do the gender reveal at the same time.  It should be loads of fun!

At this point I have absolutely no clue what I'm having.  At first, I thought I was having a girl, but now I'm wondering if it might actually be a boy instead.  I thought I could tell based on how my body was expanding, but I'm getting conflicting information.  Ah well, I'll know soon enough.

(.....boy, I think it's a boy.)

In the meantime, Dave and I celebrated our 5-year anniversary this past Saturday.  We decided to go on a weekend road trip to Stowe, Virginia, and check out their Renaissance Fair.  It was enjoyable, if a little wet and cloudy, with delicious pulled pork and awesome performers.  I couldn't sample any of the meads, but the ones Dave ended up purchasing smelled pretty darn good.

That evening, we had a delicious dinner at a highly rated Italian restaurant.  The chicken was superb, I must say.  I also confess that I had two sips of Dave's red wine; it just smelled so good!  Besides, it was our anniversary, and I haven't had any alcohol since the baby was first conceived, so there.

The next day, we got to go on a Ben&Jerry's factory tour (yay for ice cream!), explore the shops in Stowe, have a light lunch at a local brewery (Dave wanted a craft IPA), and then watch <i>The Incredibles 2</i> at a small old-fashioned theatre (they don't make them like that anymore), before finally driving for home.  All in all, it was a fun little trip; I'm hoping we can do a few more in the near future before the baby's born!

(.....unless, maybe it's a girl?)

In the meantime, I've done some reading.  I finished three books last week, and I'm planning on finishing three more before the week is out.  According to Goodreads, I'm 5 books ahead of schedule on my 80-book reading goal, and I plan to keep it that way!

Here are the books I've read so far this week (click on the image to find out more):



The first two were sequels that I re-read for fun.  The last one was a BOTM for a library book club (and a good BOTM it was too!).

And then here are the books I'm currently working on (both re-reads).  I'll read a third one once I find out what it is:


Okay, and now I have to stop blogging.  It's time for me to get to work cleaning this place up for my birthday party this weekend.  (....my body's expanding like a football, so it should be a boy.....but my mom looked the same way when she was having me, sooo.....girl?  Arrrggh!  I can't figure it out!  Saturday can't come soon enough!)

Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment