Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Book Review: Inheritance (Inheritance #4), by Christopher Paolini





Genre: Young Adult Epic Fantasy
Date Published: November 2011
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf
# Of Pages/Listening Time: 849 pages/31 hours

Goodreads | Audible

Synopsis: It began with Eragon... It ends with Inheritance.
Not so very long ago, Eragon — Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider — was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.
Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chance.
The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaƫsia? And if so, at what cost?
This is the spellbinding conclusion to Christopher Paolini's worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.


My Rating:
 ★
.....For being a good conclusion(?) to an epic series.



My Thoughts:
Well, that was a pretty good conclusion to this series, although now I'm trying to figure out whether there's really going to be a fifth book or not.

It's funny: I can't bring myself to give this book 5 stars, yet I still consider this series overall a favorite. In my opinion, this installment's storyline was well done, and was very creative, but I think the pace was just a little slow.

That being said, the character development was good, and there's a lot going on in this book that makes you want to continue reading this book to the end. It definitely is a good YA novel; I would certainly recommend it to YA fantasy lovers for sure, and I know I'm probably going to read this whole series again in a few years.

Overall, I like this series. Christopher Paolini really grew and matured with each book he wrote. I can't say it's the most amazing fantasy ever, but it deserves some praise, and if there is going to be a fifth book, I will certainly read it when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment