Sunday, November 16, 2014

Book Review: The Titan's Curse, by Rick Riordan

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Titan’s Curse (Percy Jackson And The Olympians #3), by Rick Riordan
★★★

Synopsis: When Percy Jackson receives an urgent distress call in his dreams from his friend Grover, he immediately prepares for battle. He knows he'll need his powerful demigod allies, Annabeth and Thalia, at his side; his trusty bronze sword, Riptide; and ... a ride from his mom.
The demigods race to the rescue, to find that Grover has made an important discovery: two new powerful half-bloods whose parentage is unknown. But that's not all that awaits them. The Titan lord, Kronos, has set up his most devious trap yet, and the young heroes have just fallen prey.
Hilarious and action-packed, this third adventure in the series finds Percy faced with his most dangerous challenge so far: the chilling prophecy of the Titan’s curse
In A Sentence: Another fun installment, but the series is certainly getting darker

My Thoughts: This one took a while to finish, mainly because I had difficulty finding time to sit down and read it. Plus, it’s a middle book, and I never like reading middle books. They’re always darker than the other novels in the series, and they always end with some sort of hair-pulling cliffhanger. Granted, I didn’t feel like pulling my hair when I finished this story, but I definitely sighed melodramatically and felt like I needed to continue with the series.
The story wasn’t my favorite in the series, but it was enjoyable nevertheless. The chapter titles made me chuckle quite a bit (“The Vice Principal Gets A Missile Launcher” is my personal favorite), and the plot was non-stop action. I have to admit, however, that the exciting storyline that seems to be the trademark of these books is starting to get a little redundant. But I really enjoy the lessons in Greek Mythology, and the creativity in the use of the mythology to make it fit the modern era.
This series is certainly a lot of fun, for both kids and adults alike. The movies are terrible, but the books are great. Strongly recommended.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment