Sunday, November 23, 2014

BOOK SALE!!!!

Ever have one of those days when you're just driving by, minding your own business, and suddenly you see a sign that says:

Of course, you just have to pull over, right?
Guilty.

Apparently, my local library was having a book sale this weekend, so I went home, created an enormous list of books I wish to find (so I don't go too overboard, heh-heh), and then spent a couple of glorious hours sliding my hands over book spines and snatching a read I wanted before some little old lady using a walker could nab it.


I had a seriously good haul too!  I had to give myself a $30 limit, but I got some great reads!  I wish I could have gone today (it's Buy-A-Bag-And-Fill-'Er-Up Day), but making money got in the way (*sigh*).

I'm pretty happy with my finds.  I found a bunch of beautiful hardcovers to add to my Amelia Peabody collection, found a couple of books from trilogies that I'm trying to complete, and some other great reads that weren't on my list but I ended up getting anyway, because 1) they're on my TBR and are supposed to be really good, and 2) they're books I'd like my kids to read.

I took a pic!  Take a look!



Of course, my cat got all up in my grill because apparently I was holding the camera wrong:





It's too bad I don't have time to sit down and read through all of these new books, but alas, like I said, I gotta go to work.  At least I'll be able to share some book reviews during my break, because I finished a couple of reads this morning!  Be back soon!

-Lisa the Dancing Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment