Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Book Review: Small Favor (Dresden Files #10), by Jim Butcher



Genre: Urban Fantasy
Date Published: April 2008
Publisher: Roc
# Of Pages/Listening Time: 420 pages/13 hours 47 minutes

Goodreads | Audible

Synopsis: Harry Dresden's life finally seems to be calming down -- until a shadow from the past returns. Mab, monarch of the Sidhe Winter Court, calls in an old favor from Harry -- one small favor that will trap him between a nightmarish foe and an equally deadly ally, and that will strain his skills -- and loyalties -- to their very limits.


My Rating:
 ★
.....For being good, but a little more serious


My Thoughts:


I enjoyed this one, but it's definitely a lot more intense than the previous novels.  And the ending bummed me out a little.  I won't say much because of spoilers, but one character gets changed forever.  I knew it was going to happen, but I was sad all the same.

Everything else is the usual here.  The humor, the excitment, etc., etc.... it's all good.  One thing that links this story to the rest is the hint that there is a hidden dark power manipulating all the events together.  You get a small hint in book 2, and the suspicion grows stronger and stronger with each installment.  Now, the big reveal is coming up next, and while I vaguely remember what the "Black Council" is, I'm looking forward to being reminded in the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment