Thursday, March 30, 2017

Thoughtful Thursday: Attack On Titan Season 2 is coming to the USA!

Good morning everyone!

I've been trying to figure out what to write about today.  I was hoping to write something philosophical, or write about my plans for upgrading the house, but I felt uninspired to write an intelligent post.

....So, I'm going to write about something my husband and I are looking forward to: Attack On Titan Season 2!





Dave and I first saw Attack On Titan when it popped up on our Netflix streaming menu.  We were on an anime kick and needed a new show to watch, and this one looked intriguing.  We figured, "oh we'll just watch the first couple of episodes and see if it's any good"....

...A few hours later we realized that we were completely hooked!  We finished season one within a matter of days.  And then we had to wait in agony for season two to come to the US.

And now it's finally coming this weekend!  My husband and I have been rewatching the TV series so we can remember what happened.  I also tried reading the manga so that I could see what happens next, but I don't feel inspired to continue.  I think I favor anime TV series over mangas (sorry, manga fans).

I do, however, know a spoiler.  I haven't told Dave yet because he resolutely doesn't want to know, but I do know who the other Super Titans are.  It's interesting re-watching season one knowing which character is the Colossal Titan and which is the Armored Titan; it makes certain conversations and scenes much more significant than what I previously assumed.

(WARNING! CONTAINS SPOILERS!)


I have some theories about what we'll learn in season two.  First, the obvious one: I think Eren's father was the one conducting experiments on the kids who became Super Titans.  I think he had some information about how the Titans first appeared and had the ability to make humans become super Titans.  I suspect that the man-eating Titans were originally humans (hence why slicing out a chunk of their neck kills them; that's where the human resides within the Titan), were maybe created for military purposes, but something went horribly wrong.  I think Eren's father knew all this and was working on how to create Titans that can keep their human intelligence, with only moderate success (his first two experiments were smart enough to break down the walls and take out military equipment, but still angry enough to attack humanity).
Second, I think there's a government conspiracy at work.  There are Titans within the gigantic walls that look a lot like Eren and the other Super Titans.  I suspect the Super Titans were created when the apocalypse happened, and were sacrificed to help create the wall over a hundred years ago.  Somehow, this information was suppressed from the public, and Eren's father was part of some secret organization who knew how to make the Super Titans.  This raises all sorts of questions: did the apocalypse really happen 100 years ago, or has it been longer?  Why did the Colossal Titan and Armored Titan attack the walls if they are originally human and have a desire to kill the Titans?  Who were the Titans that are in the wall?  Was Eren's father creating new Super Titans so that they could build more walls?  Why were the creating of Super Titans kept secret if they could be used to destroy Titans?  So many questions!  I'm sure the mangas contain all the answers, but there's just so many of them!


So, suffice it to say, I'm really looking forward to watching Season Two.  I'm trying to get some friends together so we can have an Attack On Titan marathon party.  We won't be able to watch it this weekend unfortunately: we have finished the first season, and our friends have plans.  But next weekend looks like a good candidate.

Okay, this is making me want to watch a few more episodes before Dave goes to work.  Have a nice day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment