Monday, April 3, 2017

Happy Monday and Happy April! My Reading Plans For This Month

Hey it's Monday everyone!


I have to admit, I'm feeling rather exhausted.  I went to bed at a reasonable hour, woke up late, and I'm still feeling wiped out.  Ugh.

On the other hand, I'm feeling optimistic about this month.  I'll be going to California for a week towards the end of April for a friend's wedding and I'm finally feeling financially secure (I used to have quite a bit of credit card debt, but that has finally been wittled down to almost nothing, and I have money set aside.  Yay!)

I also did something pretty cool yesterday morning: I walked my cat.  Yup, that's right, I put a harness and leash on Miesha and took her outside (she's an indoor cat).  It was surprising how much fun it was.  Miesha didn't seem to mind the harness at all, and she had a blast exploring our porch.  She was too timid to try exploring the yard, but she still enjoyed the walk.  I'm going to have to update her vaccine shots and flea/tick prevention, and I need to maybe buy a longer leash, but I can see this becoming a regular thing!

Anyway, I found myself reading a bunch this month, and I have great plans for this month.  I am on a reading roll!

Here's what I read this past month:

Whoohoo!  11 books!

So, this month my goal is to focus on book club reads.  I've been so busy the past several months that I had to give up my book clubs for a while (*cue sad violin music*).  But now, I'm settling comfortably into my new home so I have more time to sit down and read (*cue Rocky theme music*).

So here are my book club reads (click on the image to view their Goodreads page):


The first two are for online book clubs, the second two are for F2F book clubs.

Of course I have other books I plan to read so here they are (click on the image to find out more):

So, that's another 11 books this month.  That's about 3 books a week.  I better get busy!  Wish me luck!  I'm going to go walk my cat now.



2 comments:

  1. You read a lot of good books last month, hope you enjoy all your books this month as well. That is cool about walking your cat, I don't know many who walk cats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your trip! I went to san Diego for a conference in 2011 and I loved it. I would like to go back. When I was in college, a coworker "found" all these stray animals. I think he adopted them and then realized he couldn't care for them. First it was a cat, then it was a dog. My roommate and I jointly took the cat, which we named Gypsy. One day she texted me "I took Gypsy for a drag." It was supposed to be a walk, but Gypsy was having none of it. Glad your cat is more adventurous! I have also been exhausted. I swapped out mattresses for a newer one, but I still think the bedsprings are in cahoots on Operation Sleepless Nights. I hope you get some quality rest this week!

    ReplyDelete