Monday, July 3, 2017

OMG It's July already! My Goals For This Month


I can't believe we're already halfway through the year, it's gone by so fast!



Well, June's been nice.  A lot of positive things have happened during that month.

First..... I did it!  I read 12 books in one month!  Whoohoo!




You have no idea how glad I am that I achieved this goal.  I almost never finish the goals I set for myself, and this one was pretty ambitious.  Not only was it 12 books, but half of those reads were book club reads.  I know there are some serious readers out there who would look at my goal as "Pff! I can do that in a week!", but it was a tricky one for me, and I'm so proud that I did it!

The Books I Read In June
(click on the cover to read the review)



Second, I had an awesome birthday!  Yup, I turned 29 last month, and it was a day of pampering and spending time with family.  Here's how it went:

First, because it was a Friday and Dave had to work, I went by myself to get a manicure and pedicure at a new (to me) nail salon, and a lovely massage at a new (to me) spa.

After that, I decided that it was time to try out a new bookstore, since I always go to Barnes & Noble.  I ended up checking out Atticus Bookstore in New Haven.


This turned out to be a great idea.  The food at the cafe was great, there was plenty of seating at the cafe, and there was a pretty good selection of books for a small independent bookstore.  I stayed there for over an hour and re-read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (yeah, yeah, I know, soooo predictable that I'm reading that book for the 30th time...Yup, 30th).  I also ended up buying a couple of journals and a jigsaw puzzle.  Good times.

The evening was the best part.  Dave wouldn't tell me where we were going to eat for dinner, I just assumed it would be an old favorite.  Instead, he took me to a place I never heard of before, called Smokin' With Chris, a restaurant with great barbeque and live music.

Even better, Dave surprised me by inviting my family to join us!  It was such a blast, with chaotic conversations, plenty of laughs, and amazing food that the two Texans at the table (my dad and grandmother) approved of.  The night became perfect when the live music turned out to be a fantastic jazz trio, who played dance-able music, to the point that the three dance teachers could not resist, and we all ended up on the floor dancing away.  The singer was so impressed that she gave me a free CD, sang me "Happy Birthday", and asked us for song resquests, which Nate and I later used to dance a superb West Coast swing.  When we left, I couldn't stop smiling, I was so happy!

So, now it's July and I have to be serious now.  There's more reading to do, that's for sure.

This month I'm keeping it small; I'm going to set a reading goal of only eight books.  There's a bunch of books I'm hoping to read this month (more than eight, that's for sure), but I'm not going to try and read them all.  I'll just do the best I can and go from there.

Books I Hope To Read This Month
(click on the book cover to see more)

Definitely Going To



Planning On It



Want To Read


Like I said, my goal is to read eight books.  I'm not going to push myself to read more, but it'll be nice if I can manage 10 books.

I think I've written enough.  Have a happy 4th of July everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment