Friday, August 17, 2018

Book Review: Into The Water, by Paula Hawkins





Genre: Mystery
Date Published: May 2017
Publisher: Riverhead Books
# Of Pages/Listening Time: 386 pages/11 hours 30 minutes

Goodreads | Audible

Synopsis: In the last days before her death, Nel called her sister. Jules didn’t pick up the phone, ignoring her plea for help. Now Nel is dead. They say she jumped. And Jules has been dragged back to the one place she hoped she had escaped for good, to care for the teenage girl her sister left behind. But Jules is afraid. So afraid. Of her long-buried memories, of the old Mill House, of knowing that Nel would never have jumped. And most of all she’s afraid of the water, and the place they call the Drowning Pool . . .


My Rating:
 ★
.....For being good...but not impressive.



My Thoughts:

I'm honestly not a huge fan of Paula Hawkins. The only two books I've read of hers are The Girl on the Train and now this one. Frankly, I think The Girl on the Train was a little bit better.

When it comes to mysteries, I prefer detective novels, not novels like these where there are multiple points of view, and everything gets personal for everyone. This storyline was good, and the characters where also good, but I felt like I was able to predict most of the ending, and I felt a little bored with everyone's problems. It just felt like there was too much going beyond the original mystery, along with too many characters, in my opinion.

Of course, I'm sure there are those out there who would disagree with me, so if you already enjoyed Paula Hawkins' The Girl on the Train, then there's a good chance you'll like this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment