Thursday, August 16, 2018

Blog Clean-up: My Favorites Spotlight Posts and Other Plans

Hey folks!

Thanks to an ever-expanding baby belly, I've been chilling on the couch more often and spending more time on this blog.  So I decided it was time to do a little "cleaning".

So far, I've been focusing on my "Book Favorites" page and cleaning/updating that whole area.  (If you're curious about how it looks now, click here)

...Then I started noticing all my "Favorites Spotlight" posts, and how old and messy they looked.

Okay, so, back when I was a blogging newbie and getting into a frenzy creating my own memes and trying out new ideas, I created meme called "Thursday's Favorite Spotlight".  The idea behind these posts was to select a favorite book or series of mine and spend a post talking about why it's such a good read.

I made 8 of them before my enthusiasm for writing long posts on a regular basis started to peter out.  Let's face it, I'm not good at blogging regularly and I've been spending the past months figuring out ways to blog regularly without doing too much at once.  I'm going to be a mom after all, so I need to take it easy with this sort of stuff.

Anyway, so I cleaned up my old posts, deleting photos that are no longer showing up, and making sure they looked nice and presentable.  They're not bad entries, to be honest, so I'm listing them here so you can get a chance to look at them if you like.  Although bear in mind these were written years ago.


Favorite Spotlight Posts

Looking back, making posts that highlight a favorite book was definitely a good idea, but I think I was making it too difficult for myself by trying to write one every Thursday.  So I think I'll try again to make this a regular thing, but it probably would be best to only do it once a month.  That way, I can spend the whole month writing the post and it won't feel so rushed and stress-inducing.  Plus, I can re-read the favorite book ahead of time so that it will be nice and fresh in my mind :)

So far, I think I've got all my other blogging plans under control.  I'll write book review posts whenever I finish a novel, and I'll write two posts a month where I recap on what's been going on in my life and in reading, along my future plans.  I'll also try and write a monthly post where I discuss a favorite novel.  For now, that seems fair and easy, with no added pressure.  Realistically, I don't expect I'll be able to keep this up for an extended period of time, but I'd still like to try.  After all, blogging is fun!

Anyway, I'm done for now.  Just thought I'd share what I've been doing.  Have a great day everyone!
-Lisa The Dancing Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment