Saturday, January 31, 2015

Book Review: The Witches, by Roald Dahl

The WitchesThe Witches by Roald Dahl
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Witches, by Roald Dahl
★★★★

Synopsis: This is not a fairy tale. This is about real witches.
Grandmamma loves to tell about witches. Real witches are the most dangerous of all living creatures on earth. There’s nothing they hate so much as children, and they work all kinds of terrifying spells to get rid of them. Her grandson listens closely to Grand mamma’s stories—but nothing can prepare him for the day he comes face to face with The Grand High Witch herself!
In A Sentence: a refreshing and rather sweet read

My Thoughts: Man, after feeling so bogged down by one book, it felt refreshing to read something so quick and light. This book has been on my TBR since I was in grade school as saw this book at my school library. It was one of those stories where you felt “no, it’s not time to read you yet”.
Well, this time it was finally time to give it a look, and I’m glad I did! It was very light-hearted and quick, very much like Dahl’s other books. I loved the flow of the story and how creative it was, and I really like Dahl’s lovely writing style. Dahl is like the Fred Astaire of writers: he makes it look so easy and natural.
Overall, this was a fun read that will make you smile.. If you like Dahl’s books, I would definitely recommend this one. I would even go so far as to say it’s one of his better ones.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I love Roald Dahl and all of his books. It's great to see a fellow reader who likes him as much as I do. Thanks for sharing!
    Always,
    Elizabeth @ Stuffed Shelves

    ReplyDelete