Monday, February 2, 2015

It's February Already! A recap of last month and my goals for the next 26 days

Ugh.  It's Monday.  My cat decided 5:50 a.m. was a good time for me to wake up, it's snowing hard outside, and my kitchen is still a mess from making food for yesterday's Superbowl.  Whoopee....not.

The first thing I saw at 5:50 this morning.

Well, on the plus side, it's a new month!  And a new month means new reading goals!  Yay!

Compared to other months, January was a terrible reading month.  Only 5 books!  Truthfully, though, I don't think I would have been able to read anymore than I actually did.  Last month was so busy for me work-wise, and there was a lot I needed to do, so finding time to sit down and read for more than 10 minutes at a time was proving to be very difficult to do.  I also blame Snow Crash; it was slow going for a good 150 pages.

Here's my list of books read.  The picture will take you to the Goodreads page, while the link will take you to my review.



January's (Short) List Of Books Read:
The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)



1. The Two Towers, by J.R.R. Tolkien ★★★★★



Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)





2. Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets, by J.K. Rowling ★★★★★





The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3)



3. The Return Of The King, by J.R.R. Tolkien ★★★★★





Snow Crash




4. Snow Crash, by Neal Stephenson ★★★





The Witches


5. The Witches, by Roald Dahl ★★★★










These books were read as part of Bibliophile Reading Group's Enjoying The Cold Winter Reading Challenge.  The challenge is in it's final month, so my reading plan is going to revolve around books that will give me the maximum number of points.  So far, I have accrued a grand total of 84 points.  It is a reasonably good tally, but I am a competitive little bookworm, and I have noted that I'm currently in 4th place with this challenge.  My goal is to at the very least come in 2nd, so I have a whole lot of catching up to do!

Here's my reading list for this month, in order of priority (I've listed the points they'll be worth, in case anyone's interested).  Book covers are links to Goodreads.

The Nice-And-Long Reading List For February
Holes (Holes, #1)



1. Holes, by Louis Sachar
Monthly theme+Magic Tag+Comfort Read= 14 pts



The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)



2. The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe, by C.S. Lewis
Snow+Magic Tag+Comfort Read= 8 pts




The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1)




3. The Golden Compass, by Philip Pullman
Snow+Magic Tag+Comfort Read= 8 pts




The Wishing Thread



4. The Wishing Thread, by Lisa Van Allen
BOTM+Magic Tag= 7 pts




The Magician's Land (The Magicians, #3)



5. The Magician's Land, by Lev Grossman
Snow+Magic Tag= 6 pts




A Man Called Ove




6. A Man Called Ove, by Fredrik Backman
BOTM= 5 pts




A Veiled Deception (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #1)




7. A Veiled Deception, by Annette Blair
State+Magic Tag= 5 pts



Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)



8. Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban, by J.K. Rowling
Magic Tag+Comfort Read= 4 pts




Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)




9. Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire, by J.K. Rowling
Magic Tag+Comfort Read= 4 pts



Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)



10. Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix, by J.K. Rowling
Magic Tag+Comfort Read= 4 pts





Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)



11. Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince, by J.K. Rowling
Magic Tag+Comfort Read= 4 pts




Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)


12. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling
Magic Tag+Comfort Read= 4 pts





The Snowman (Harry Hole, #7)



13. The Snowman, by Jo Nesbo
Snow= 4 pts




The Call of the Wild

14. The Call Of The Wild, by Jack London
Snow= 4 pts










If I can finish all of these books I'll get an additional 81 points, bringing my final total to 165!  Let's hope that's enough!

Well, that's it for now!  Here's to hoping the day improves from here!
Happy reading everyone!
-Lisa The Dancing Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment