Monday, March 20, 2017

Sleep Deprivation Monday: My Goals and Plans For This Week


Good(?) Morning.  As I write this, I'm debating whether or not I can actually stay awake today.  Last night I went to bed at a reasonable hour, but woke up rather abruptly at 3 a.m..  And I Could.  Not. Fall. Back. To. Sleep.
I managed to doze off on the couch at around 7:30 a.m. for about 45 minutes.  Then my darling husband woke me up all excited to go to the gym (we go to the gym together).  My response? I glared at my poor innocent husband and pulled the blanket over my head.  Looking back, I feel kind of bad; he had been looking forward to going to the gym this morning and I completely crushed that idea.  Sorry, honey.

Anyway, I'm wiped.  So I'm just typing away as a means to stay awake.

It's official though, I managed to blog everyday this week! Whoohoo!  My comeback is off to a great start.  I also managed to finish two books this past week.  Double whoohoo!  Granted, Goodreads says I'm six books behind schedule with my reading goal, but at least I'm making progress!

So, what's my goal this week, reading and blogging-wise?

With blogging, my goal is to post something almost every day.  If I can make a post for six out of the seven days this week, I'll be happy.  I don't want to make blogging a burden, and forcing myself to write daily every week is definitely something that would discourage me from maintaining the habit.
My other goal is to promote my blog a little.  This isn't an online diary after all; I want to interact with people, so I plan to try a blog hop or two, and to share on Facebook so people can see what I'm writing.

With reading, I want to get rid of that "6 books behind schedule" on my Goodreads goal tracker.  I definitely can't read six extra books this week, but I definitely can get a little closer to catching up with the tracker, so this week, my plan is to finish three books.  Yes, three.

Here are the books I plan on finishing this week:




Book #8 Of The Dresden Files: I am well over halfway done with this audiobook, thanks to the fact that I was up half the night last night.  This story probably didn't help me fall asleep, but I couldn't help but keep listening to the audiobook.  I predict you will see a book review post within three days.















E.L. Doctorow's Ragtime: Since this is a BOTM read, I definitely am going to finish this book on Tuesday night.  I only have 114 pages left, so this will be an easy achievement.















Something New: This book was given to me by the author's mother, who just happens to be a dance student of mine.  I don't usually read books by authors who are looking for an honest review, but since I happen to really like this dance student (and her homemade carrot cake), I agreed to give it a try.  It'll be tricky, but I'm planning to finish this book by Saturday.











Well, that's it for now.  Off to read!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are so tired, hope you get some good sleep. Enjoy your reads! I love Jim Butcher!

    ReplyDelete