Thursday, March 16, 2017

Still More Blogging.....

Goooood morning!
It's Thursday and I'm experiencing a post-migraine hangover.  I meant to read last night, I swear I did, but a migraine starting developing while I was teaching yesterday afternoon, which made it difficult to keep my eyes open and focused, so I just laid down in a dark room instead.  Today it seems like the migraine is winding down, but it's still there.  It has downgraded to me feeling a little hungover, a nice little reminder of why I never get drunk anymore.

Sooo, I have nothing new to add regarding the BOTMs I've been reading, but I am 75% done with Dresden File book I've been listening to (yay!), so it's win-some-lose-some today.

So maybe I'll just talk about my reading goals for now.

Like I said before, I'm to slowly get back into things, reading- and blogging-wise, so I don't want to start off with huge expectations.  In the past, I've always set my annual reading goal to 100 books.  This year, however, I'm starting with only 80 books.  It'll be awesome if I can make it to 100 again, but 80 seems a lot more realistic.

I also used to sign up for all sorts of reading challenges, but I've yet to finish one within the past couple of years.  So for now, I'm only going to do one challenge that I made up myself.  I call it the "Pyramid Challenge"

Here's how it works: there are 12 categories total.  First category only requires one book, second category requires two books, and so on until you reach the 12th category, which requires 12 books.  None of the books can be used in more than one category, and I'm going to try and finish this in exactly 1 year starting....now!

1 Non-fiction Read
1.

Trilogies or Series
1.
2.

Books With Characters Who Share The Same First Name As A Friend Or Family Member
1.
2.
3.


Books That Were Recommended By Someone Else
1.
2.
3.
4.


Re-reads To Determine If A Book Is A Favorite
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.


New-To-You Authors
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.


New Books By Authors You've Read Before
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.


Books That Were Written By A Female Author
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.


Books With Different Number Of Pages (100 pages, 200 pages, and so on to 900 pages)
100 pages-
200 pages- 
300 pages- 
400 pages- 
500 pages-
600 pages-
700 pages-
800 pages- 
900 pages-


10 Different Genres
1. 
2. 
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.


11 BOTMs
1. 
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.


12 Books From My TBR
1. 
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.


Okay, I'm done for now.  I think need a Tylenol or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment